Saturday, June 4, 2005

What’s Matthew Sweet been doing?

Kimi Ga Suki * RaifuTo be honest I haven't been thrilled with a Matthew Sweet album since the 90s. That is until a few weeks ago when Monique brought home a couple that I hadn't seen one day. The gem of the two was called "Kimi Ga Suki" and it was written in one week as a gift to Matthew's fans in Japan. He really returns to his jangly hooky pop songs with this one. Really great writing, and it's amazing he did it in a week. It's all in English, so it's not a Puffy type deal. But it does cater to the poppy tastes of the Japanese audience, but that suits me fine. Highlights include Dead Smile, The Ocean In-Between, I Don't Want to Know, and Wait. But that's just where you should start, as the whole disc is great.

For those of you that use iTunes, go sample Kimi Ga Suki now! If you like what you hear, I'd also recommend checking out the greatest hits CD.

1 comment:

  1. I think I was meant to buy those albums. My boss needed to go to Best Buy on lunch and invited me to join him. We were looking for good music for our show room and couldn't find what we were looking for but...I happened by these two albums in the completely wrong section. I was drawn to the artwork on Kimi Ga Suki and decided that I should pick them up. They were the only two in the store. Glad I did...great album. 100% Fun is still my favorite so far.

    Isn't it great that VH1 Classic has been playing an old live version of Divine Intervention?

    ReplyDelete