Monday, March 19, 2007

The Fratellis - Costello Music

The Fratellis I was ready to dismiss The Fratellis as another band that had a kick butt single that Apple made famous in an iPod commercial. I'm glad I checked out their recently released (in the US anyway) album, "Costello Music" -- it's a great listen all the way through, not a bad track on it! They've got a sort of transitional style that lands somewhere in the pop rock genre, but pays a lot of tribute to 60's pop (I swear I hear some Hermans Hermits in there). This band is a lot of fun.

If you're wondering who I'm talking about, take a listen to "Flathead" which is the iPod single that has 3 or 4 songs worth of great hooks in there. After you lsiten to that a few times, go on to get the rest of the disc, as it's a keeper.

(post written by Joe)

3 comments:

  1. I love this band! Great album. I downloaded their EP and when the album came out, Joe got it for me. They rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did anyone see the Live Earth concerts this past week? I'm waiting for a review. Some good stuff (Spinal Tap with a dozen or more rock gods all playing bass)...some bad (Roger Waters trying to sing "Money"...what a joke).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, missed it all. Been a little crazy over here with moving and fixing up the new house and working and all that. My blogs sorely need updating, I know.

    ReplyDelete