Saturday, November 17, 2007

New Blade Runner soundtrack to be released along with new DVDs

You may have heard that a massively awesome 25th Anniversary DVD set of "Blade Runner" is coming out Dec. 18. While I'm very excited about that (and almost willing to dive into HD just because of it (but I won't b/c I'm not going to participate in a format war)), I am about as equally excited to learn about a much improved soundtrack release from Vangelis. Lots of juicy details here. But I'll sum it up:

Disc 1 - Same disc as the 1994 Warner Bros. release
Disc 2 - Previously unreleased music from the film that you used to only see on bootlegs
Disc 3 - A whole new Vangelis album inspired by Blade Runner

At first, I thought this was pretty lame, recycling an old disc and I've never enjoyed "Inspired By" soundtracks. But on second thought, I am excited about Disc 2 for all the obvious reasons. And once I rip this set to my hard drive, I can sequence the tracks properly. And as a huge Vangelis fan, I gotta say any new material from him will be much welcomed. So I can't wait to hear that 3rd disc also (so glad it isn't a disc of other artists who have been inspired by the movie).

No comments:

Post a Comment