Friday, January 13, 2006

Puffy Ami Yumi covers Jellyfish

Music From the SeriesSo one of my wife's good friends from high school is a director on the Cartoon Network show Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi which is based on a real life J-pop girl group called Puffy Ami Yumi. The last time I had a chance to visit with my wife's friend, I grilled her for information on Andy Sturmer who produces the band's music and, I correctly assumed, was involved to a certain extent with the music on the show. But, at the time she had only been with the show a short while and didn't really know too much about Sturmer. Anyway, it's been a while since I've seen her which you will notice by the fact that this news is already more than a year old, but it's new to me. Thanks for the info, Shelley! Not! :-)

Anyway, go to the band's web site and click on "Video" to see the video of their cover of Jellyfish's "Joining A Fanclub". Don't let the opening keep you from getting to the "rock out" part near the end. It rocks well. Not as well as Jellyfish, of course, but quite well.

The song can be had on the soundtrack CD for the show.

1 comment: